Wednesday, March 30, 2011

"For if they have faith in me...the will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Everyone struggles with weaknesses, and recently I've been struggling with some of my own. These shortcomings often times tempt me to slip into a defeated mindset, and give myself up to despair. I'm doing what I can; I want to do and be better; but I still fall short- often in the same ways time and time again.

So, I turned to a well known verse in the Book of Mormon which reads:

"And If men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if the humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."


The Lord knows of our weaknesses and if we turn to Christ, he will make up for our shortcomings; this video is a powerful example of Christ's ability to take us in our weaknesses, and strengthen us to be able to overcome them:


Our weaknesses can be "swallowed up in Christ" if we turn to him as our source of strength. Put your faith in him; put him to the test; and see just what kind of miracles he can work in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment